- The patented MS-326 micro duct fiber cable slit and ring tool is designed to provide easy access into fiber optic cables specifically designed for use in micro ducts. These cables have a thin wall jacket design that is difficult to open without causing damage to the buffer tubes inside, but the MS-326 addresses that concern. The MS-326 will also slit open thin wall buffer tubes.
- Building on the popularity of Jonard Tools’ MS-6 and MS-26 fiber optic mid span slitting tools we’ve incorporated a ring feature into the MS-326 making it even more versatile.
- The MS-326 consists of 5 precision slitting grooves and 5 ring grooves ranging in size from 5mm to 10mm.
- Groove Sizes: 5.0 – 5.6mm | 6.0 – 6.6mm | 7.2 – 7.8mm | 7.8 – 8.4mm | 9.4 – 10mm
Easy to use:
- Open the appropriate side of the tool
- Select the correct groove size
- Place the cable in the tool and close to lock in place
- To ring: rotate the tool 3-6 times in direction of the arrow
- To slit: use markings to align cable, pull in direction of arrow
- Open the tool and remove the cable. If slit, peel the jacket along the slit lines
- Notes: This tool was designed for Corning fiber cables, “MiniXtend Fast Access Binderless” and “HD MiniXtend” as well as other similar styles
- Replacement blade set available, part number: MSB-5010
- Cut Type Slit, Ring
- Cable Type Loose Tube, Jacket
- Features 10 Precision Grooves
- Weight .25 lbs (0.11kgs)
- Dimensions 2.87″ (73 mm) x 1.5″ (38 mm) x 2.1″ (53.5 mm)